The Singularity Institute has recently made the transition to a LaTeX based document production workflow for its publications and republished its existing research papers. However, there is still much work to be done and we need more remote LaTeX editors. Some projects currently in the queue include converting both The Sequences and Facing the Singularity into LaTeX based books.
As with other remote positions, pay is hourly and starts at $14/hr but will increase if you produce a good product.
- Work flexible hours: Complete your work in few large chunks or many small ones—at 03:00 or 18:00—it's up to you.
- Work from wherever you please: your home (maybe even in bed), your local coffee shop, a hostel in Nepal, whatever.
- Age and credentials are irrelevant; only product matters.
- Make money while contributing to The Singularity Institute.
- Experience creating and typesetting LaTeX based documents.
- Good attention to detail (this is more important than being a LaTeX wiz).
- Ability to work autonomously and set your own schedule.