"three up arrow up arrow up arrow three"

ETA: The notation is called Knuth's up-arrow notation, and is usually written with up-arrows instead of carets.

Alternatively, "three triple up-arrow three"

More "Stupid" Questions

by NancyLebovitz 1 min read31st Jul 2013498 comments


This is a thread where people can ask questions that they would ordinarily feel embarrassed for not knowing the answer to. The previous "stupid" questions thread went to over 800 comments in two and a half weeks, so I think it's time for a new one.