A, which grants -100 utilons with 99.9% chance and +10000 utilons with 0.1%

A has an expected utility of +900.1 utilons

Um, A actually has a utility of -89.9.

That explains why it seems less appealing!

Open thread, January 25- February 1

by NancyLebovitz 1 min read25th Jan 2014318 comments

8


If it's worth saying, but not worth its own post (even in Discussion), then it goes here.