This Sunday at noon (PDT), we're running another session of "lightning talks" by curated LessWrong authors (see here for last weeks announcement and some transcripts).
- Each talk will be 3-5 minutes followed by discussion. Afterwards, we'll have a hangout in breakout rooms. The talks will be short and focus on presenting one core idea well, rather than rushing through a lot of content.
- We want to give top LessWrong writers an interesting space to discuss their ideas, and have more fruitful collaboration between users. Think of it like a cross between an academic colloquium and some friends chatting by a whiteboard.
- johnswentworth — "Mazes and Duality"
- Daniel Kokotajlo — "Lessons on AI takeover from the conquistadors"
- Curated posts: Cortés, Pizarro, and Afonso as Precedents for Takeover, ...
- Charlie Steiner
- Curated post: Book Review: Consciousness Explained
- TurnTrout — “Power as easily exploitable opportunities”
When? Sunday June 28, at noon, Pacific Daylight Time
Where? On this zoom link.