A meetup for people interested in improving their reasoning and decision-making skills, technology, the long-term future, and philosophy. You don't have to know what LessWrong or Slate Star Codex are, but it definitely helps.
Here's a list of discussion prompts for you to use or ignore:
- Identifying our mental blind spots
- Noticing systematic biases in our behaviour and ways to fix them
- How to evaluate contrarian ideas/when is it better to trust consensus and tradition
- Recent progress in AI, ML, or science and technology in general
- Future of work given AI progress
- AI safety and ethics
- Effective learning techniques
- Designing better institutions
- Your favourite philosopher/thinker and how they relate to any of those issues
- Interesting things you have learned recently and want to share
Discussions will be held in English, unless everyone present is comfortable with Polish.