ROOM: 5th Floor South
TOPIC: Free Will
WHAT TO READ? It's your choice.
Here are some of the infinite possibilities:
a) Rationalist: Yukdowski (I'd grab the last few posts):
(b) Rationalist-ish?: Dan Dennett
- Bryan Caplan: http://econfaculty.gmu.edu/bcaplan/freewill
- Michael Humer: http://www.owl232.net/papers/fwill.htm
(d) Moral/Societal implications of
- Determinism (no free will), Non-Determinism/Free Will, Compatibilism (free will and determinism are mutually compatible https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compatibilism)"
(e) pragmatism, or, "its not a real question" (William James)
- http://www.authorama.com/pragmatism-4.html (from the section "Let me take up another well-worn controversy, THE FREE-WILL PROBLEM")
- or the Yudkowsky version: https://www.lesswrong.com/posts/XzrqkhfwtiSDgKoAF/wrong-questions
(f) existentialism, i.e. Kierkegaard:
- episode #079 of the podcast "Philosophize This" (~25 mins)