This summary was posted to LW Main on November 14th. The following week's summary is here.
New meetups (or meetups with a hiatus of more than a year) are happening in:
Irregularly scheduled Less Wrong meetups are taking place in:
- East Coast Solstice Megameetup: 20 December 2014 03:00PM
- European Community Weekend 2015: 12 June 2015 12:00PM
- Saint Petersburg meetup - "with probable lectures": 14 November 2014 07:00PM
- Urbana-Champaign: TRVTH: 16 November 2014 02:00PM
- Utrecht: Game theory: 16 November 2014 02:00PM
- Utrecht: Rationality Games: 30 November 2014 02:00PM
- Warsaw November Meetup: 17 November 2014 06:00PM
The remaining meetups take place in cities with regular scheduling, but involve a change in time or location, special meeting content, or simply a helpful reminder about the meetup:
- Boston: Self Therapy: 16 November 2014 03:30PM
- Canberra: Liar's Dice!: 28 November 2014 06:00PM
- Seattle Secular Solstice: 13 December 2014 05:30PM
- [Sydney] regular meetup - Significant things I have gotten wrong: 26 November 2014 06:30PM
- Vienna: 22 November 2014 03:00PM
- [Vienna] A Rationalist's Guide to Strength (Vienna): 23 November 2014 02:00PM
- [Vienna] Rationality Weekend Vienna: 13 December 2014 03:00PM
- Washington, D.C.: To-Do List Hacking: 16 November 2014 03:00PM
- West LA: Linguistic Relativity: 19 November 2014 07:00PM
Locations with regularly scheduled meetups: Austin, Berkeley, Berlin, Boston, Brussels, Buffalo, Cambridge UK, Canberra, Columbus, London, Madison WI, Melbourne, Moscow, Mountain View, New York, Philadelphia, Research Triangle NC, Seattle, Sydney, Toronto, Vienna, Washington DC, Waterloo, and West Los Angeles. There's also a 24/7 online study hall for coworking LWers.
If you'd like to talk with other LW-ers face to face, and there is no meetup in your area, consider starting your own meetup; it's easy (more resources here). Check one out, stretch your rationality skills, build community, and have fun!
In addition to the handy sidebar of upcoming meetups, a meetup overview is posted on the front page every Friday. These are an attempt to collect information on all the meetups happening in upcoming weeks. The best way to get your meetup featured is still to use the Add New Meetup feature, but you'll also have the benefit of having your meetup mentioned in a weekly overview. These overview posts are moved to the discussion section when the new post goes up.
Please note that for your meetup to appear in the weekly meetups feature, you need to post your meetup before the Friday before your meetup!
If you missed the deadline and wish to have your meetup featured, you can reach me on gmail at frank dot c dot adamek.
If you check Less Wrong irregularly, consider subscribing to one or more city-specific mailing list in order to be notified when an irregular meetup is happening: Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Marin CA, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Portland, Salt Lake City, Southern California (Los Angeles/Orange County area), St. Louis, Tel Aviv, Vancouver, Warsaw.
Whether or not there's currently a meetup in your area, you can sign up to be notified automatically of any future meetups. And if you're not interested in notifications you can still enter your approximate location, which will let meetup-starting heroes know that there's an interested LW population in their city!
If your meetup has a mailing list that you'd like mentioned here, or has become regular and isn't listed as such, let me know!
Want to help out the common good? If one of the meetups listed as regular has become inactive, let me know so we can present more accurate information to newcomers.