Quite a while ago, I wrote that there should be more software tools to assist with instrumental rationality. My recent attempt to create such a tool, GOALCLAW, is now available. GOALCLAW is a general goal tracking webapp which currently provides an average of how the tags entered for events day-to-day affect your goals, with plans to make more tag-based metrics and projections available in the near future.
- GOALCLAW is new:
- A few editing features are missing and should be added in the next few months
- The built-in analysis needs to be expanded from averages
- I'm very interested in feedback on how to make this a more useful goal-tracker
- The general idea is to make patterns in what's going on around you and what you're doing a bit more obvious, so you can then investigate, verify/experiment, and act to achieve your goals
- You can download information entered for importing into spreadsheets, stats program, etc.