Lily and I have been playing some
Go. We were using
rubber bands to mark off a corner of a regular board, but I wanted a
real one. It doesn't seem like anyone sells these, so I decided to
I found someone else's writeup of how they made a
Go board, and took a similar approach.
Instead of using MDF,
I used some of the three-quarter inch plywood I keep on hand. I cut a rectangle
6" by 6.46", following the Japanese ratio:
I sanded it, progressively down to 220 grit:
I sketched the initial set of lines in pencil:
I drew the lines in sharpie. It would've been a bit nicer to use a
finer point, but this was what I had.
After two coats of polyurethane, it's ready for play:
Fantastic to see this wonderful game be passed onto a new generation!
I'd be most interested in how you approached teaching Lily how to play.