This summary was posted to LW Main on February 13th. The following week's summary is here.
New meetups (or meetups with a hiatus of more than a year) are happening in:
Irregularly scheduled Less Wrong meetups are taking place in:
- Atlanta February Meetup - Relationships: 15 February 2015 07:00PM
- European Community Weekend 2015: 12 June 2015 12:00PM
- [Frankfurt] Another Frankfurt meetup: 22 February 2015 02:00PM
- [Netherlands] Effective Altruism Netherlands: Present the charity you'd like to give to: 01 March 2015 02:00PM
- Effective Altruism Netherlands: Effective Altruism for the masses: 15 March 2015 02:00PM
- [Netherlands] Effective Altruism Netherlands: Small concrete actions you could take: 29 March 2015 01:00PM
- Paris Meetup: 14 February 2015 02:00PM
- Warsaw February Meetup: 21 February 2015 06:00PM
The remaining meetups take place in cities with regular scheduling, but involve a change in time or location, special meeting content, or simply a helpful reminder about the meetup:
- Austin, TX - Caffe Medici: 14 February 2026 01:30PM
- Brussels February meetup: Words: 14 February 2015 01:00PM
- Canberra Less Wrong Meet Up - Favourite Sequence Post + Discussion: 14 February 2015 06:00PM
- Moscow meetup: The Toulmin model of argument, belief investigation exercise, psycholinguistics: 15 February 2015 02:00PM
- Seattle Sequences group: Mysterious Answers 1: 16 February 2015 06:30PM
- Sydney Meetup - February: 25 February 2015 06:30PM
- Sydney Rationality Dojo - Optimising Skill Training: 01 March 2015 04:00PM
- [Sydney] HPMOR Wrap Party! - Sydney Edition: 15 March 2015 06:00PM
- Vienna: 21 February 2015 03:00PM
- Washington, D.C.: Book Swap: 15 February 2015 03:00PM
- West LA—Sphexishness and Meta-Sphexishness: 18 February 2015 07:00PM
Locations with regularly scheduled meetups: Austin, Berkeley, Berlin, Boston, Brussels, Buffalo, Cambridge UK, Canberra, Columbus, London, Madison WI, Melbourne, Moscow, Mountain View, New York, Philadelphia, Research Triangle NC, Seattle, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Toronto, Vienna, Washington DC, and West Los Angeles. There's also a 24/7 online study hall for coworking LWers.
If you'd like to talk with other LW-ers face to face, and there is no meetup in your area, consider starting your own meetup; it's easy (more resources here). Check one out, stretch your rationality skills, build community, and have fun!
In addition to the handy sidebar of upcoming meetups, a meetup overview is posted on the front page every Friday. These are an attempt to collect information on all the meetups happening in upcoming weeks. The best way to get your meetup featured is still to use the Add New Meetup feature, but you'll also have the benefit of having your meetup mentioned in a weekly overview. These overview posts are moved to the discussion section when the new post goes up.
Please note that for your meetup to appear in the weekly meetups feature, you need to post your meetup before the Friday before your meetup!
If you missed the deadline and wish to have your meetup featured, you can reach me on gmail at frank dot c dot adamek.
If you check Less Wrong irregularly, consider subscribing to one or more city-specific mailing list in order to be notified when an irregular meetup is happening: Atlanta, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Marin CA, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Portland, Salt Lake City, Southern California (Los Angeles/Orange County area), Singapore, St. Louis, Vancouver, Warsaw, Waterloo.
Whether or not there's currently a meetup in your area, you can sign up to be notified automatically of any future meetups. And if you're not interested in notifications you can still enter your approximate location, which will let meetup-starting heroes know that there's an interested LW population in their city!
If your meetup has a mailing list that you'd like mentioned here, or has become regular and isn't listed as such, let me know!
Want to help out the common good? If one of the meetups listed as regular has become inactive, let me know so we can present more accurate information to newcomers.