Scott Garrabrant of MIRI is giving a second talk on Cartesian Frames this Sunday, Nov. 1 at 2pm (PT), covering the contents of his Cartesian Frames posts this week. Afterwards, there will be a Q&A and freeform discussion from 3pm to 4pm.
This talk will assume that you've either:
- watched the first talk (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1tJdaCvcck);
- or read the first two posts (Introduction to Cartesian Frames and Additive Operations on Cartesian Frames).
The talk and discussion will be on Gather.Town (i.e., not on Zoom), and take place after the Rationalist Town Hall: Pandemic Edition event.
To attend Scott's talk or the discussion:
- Go to https://gather.town/app/aPVfK3G76UukgiHx/lesswrong-campus, the LW Walled Garden.
- Head north and move your avatar onto the TARDIS / phone booth.
- Then move your avatar onto the words "Scott G's Office" and you'll be teleported to his office.
- For the talk, leave Scott's office, go up, and enter the room on the right.
The path to the TARDIS looks like this:
The path from Scott's office to the lecture hall looks like this:
Other events: Nov. 8 and Nov. 15
Scott is likely to host another talk or two on Cartesian Frames the following two Sundays at 2pm, also in Gather.Town.
Regardless, Scott will be hosting Cartesian Frames discussions on Gather.Town those Sundays (Nov. 8 and Nov. 15), 2-4pm.