This summary was posted to LW main on December 6th. The following week's summary is here.
New meetups (or meetups with a hiatus of more than a year) are happening in:
- [Leipzig] Secular Solstice Celebration! (And the Inauguration of the LW Leipzig Community): 21 December 2013 05:05PM
- Mumbai Meetup: 15 December 2013 03:00PM
- Newcastle-upon-Tyne meetup, December: 07 December 2013 12:00PM
- Utrecht: 14 December 2013 02:00PM
Other irregularly scheduled Less Wrong meetups are taking place in:
- Berlin: 01 January 2019 01:30PM
- Frankfurt meetup:: 08 December 2013 02:00PM
- Helsinki Meetup: 15 December 2013 03:00PM
- Moscow, The First Winter One: 08 December 2013 04:00PM
- Munich Meetup: 07 December 2013 02:00PM
- Saint Petersburg, Russia. On discussions and some social skills: 08 December 2013 04:00PM
- San Francisco / App Academy meetup [LOCATION CHANGE]: 07 December 2014 07:00PM
- Urbana-Champaign fun and games: 07 December 2013 02:00PM
- [Vienna] The Return of the Rationalists!: 14 December 2013 03:00PM
- Austin, TX: 07 December 2019 01:30PM
- Bay Area Solstice: 07 December 2013 06:00PM
- Boston/Cambridge - The Attention Economy: 08 December 2013 02:00PM
- Brussels monthly meetup: time!: 14 December 2013 01:00PM
- London Practical Meetup - Calibration Training!: 08 December 2013 02:00AM
- Washington DC Fermi Estimates Meetup: 08 December 2013 03:00PM
Locations with regularly scheduled meetups: Austin, Berkeley, Brussels, Cambridge, MA, Cambridge UK, Columbus, London, Madison WI, Melbourne, Mountain View, New York, Philadelphia, Research Triangle NC, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Toronto, Vienna, Washington DC, Waterloo, and West Los Angeles. There's also a 24/7 online study hall for coworking LWers.
If you'd like to talk with other LW-ers face to face, and there is no meetup in your area, consider starting your own meetup; it's easy (more resources here). Check one out, stretch your rationality skills, build community, and have fun!
In addition to the handy sidebar of upcoming meetups, a meetup overview is posted on the front page every Friday. These are an attempt to collect information on all the meetups happening in upcoming weeks. The best way to get your meetup featured is still to use the Add New Meetup feature, but you'll also have the benefit of having your meetup mentioned in a weekly overview. These overview posts are moved to the discussion section when the new post goes up.
Please note that for your meetup to appear in the weekly meetups feature, you need to post your meetup before the Friday before your meetup!
If you missed the deadline and wish to have your meetup featured, you can reach me on gmail at frank dot c dot adamek.
If you check Less Wrong irregularly, consider subscribing to one or more city-specific mailing list in order to be notified when an irregular meetup is happening: Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Frankfurt, Helsinki, Marin CA, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Portland, Southern California (Los Angeles/Orange County area), St. Louis, Vancouver.
Whether or not there's currently a meetup in your area, you can sign up to be notified automatically of any future meetups. And if you're not interested in notifications you can still enter your approximate location, which will let meetup-starting heroes know that there's an interested LW population in their city!
If your meetup has a mailing list that you'd like mentioned here, or has become regular and isn't listed as such, let me know!
Want to help out the common good? If one of the meetups listed as regular has become inactive, let me know so we can present more accurate information to newcomers.