- Phenomenal consciousness is necessary to consciousness because there are no p-zombies that are meaningfully conscious. However phenomenal consciousness is not sufficient to explain all of consciousness because it is embodied and phenomenal consciousness ignores those details.
- Phenomenal consciousness, and indeed ontology, is created by nested feedback when the things created from the information of feedback become cybernetic themselves.
- These phenomena of nested experience are experienced as object. We identify these reified phenomena as thoughts or noemata.
- Because all noemata have telos as a result of being experienced, all noemata we consider are axias (values), thus noematology coincides with axiology.
- We can use this foundation to explore philosophical questions related to AI alignment. I give the examples of recommending moral nihilism as an assumption within AI alignment, aligning non-rational but still existentially-dangerous agents, and addressing the metaethical questions of value learning.
Next on my agenda: a second attempt at formalizing the statement of the alignment problem.