This meetup summary was posted to LW main on October 19th. The following week's summary is here.
There are upcoming irregularly scheduled Less Wrong meetups in:
- Durham HPMoR Discussion group: 20 October 2012 11:00AM
- Bratislava meetup: 20 October 2012 05:30PM
- DC Meetup: Games and Conversation: 21 October 2012 03:00PM
- Durham Meetup: Article discussions: 25 October 2012 07:00PM
- Moscow: Biases, Applied Rationality, Visual Thinking: 27 October 2012 04:00PM
- Munich Meetup, EDIT: October 28th: 28 October 2012 03:00PM
- Sofia, Bulgaria Meetup: 09 December 2012 05:00PM
The following meetups take place in cities with regularly scheduled meetups, but involve a change in time or location, special meeting content, or simply a helpful reminder about the meetup:
- Austin, TX: 20 October 2018 01:30PM
- SLC Meetup: Free Will, Minicamp Braindump, and Group Goals: 20 October 2012 03:00PM
- Cambridge (MA) third-Sundays Meetup: 21 October 2012 02:00PM
- Winter Solstice Megameetup - NYC: 15 December 2012 05:00PM
Locations with regularly scheduled meetups: Austin, Berkeley, Cambridge, MA, Cambridge UK, Madison WI, Melbourne, Mountain View, New York, Ohio, Oxford, Portland, Salt Lake City, Seattle, Toronto, Waterloo, and West Los Angeles.
If you'd like to talk with other LW-ers face to face, and there is no meetup in your area, consider starting your own meetup; it's easy (more resources here). Check one out, stretch your rationality skills, build community, and have fun!
If you missed the deadline and wish to have your meetup featured, you can reach me on gmail at frank dot c dot adamek.
In addition to the handy sidebar of upcoming meetups, a meetup overview will continue to be posted on the front page every Friday. These will be an attempt to collect information on all the meetups happening in the next weeks. The best way to get your meetup featured is still to use the Add New Meetup feature, but you'll now also have the benefit of having your meetup mentioned in a weekly overview. These overview posts will be moved to the discussion section when the new post goes up.
Please note that for your meetup to appear in the weekly meetups feature, you need to post your meetup before the Friday before your meetup!
If you check Less Wrong irregularly, consider subscribing to one or more city-specific mailing list in order to be notified when an irregular meetup is happening: Atlanta, Berlin, Chicago, Helsinki, London, Marin CA, Ottawa, Pittsburgh, Southern California (Los Angeles/Orange County area), St. Louis, Vancouver, Washington, DC.
If your meetup has a mailing list that you'd like mentioned here, or has become regular and isn't listed as such, let me know!
Want to help out the common good? If one of the meetups listed as regular has become inactive, let me know so we can present more accurate information to newcomers.