Is anyone interested in joining a study group for studying technical AI alignment (specifically the MIRI course list)?
I've been lurking on this forum for quite some time, and I'm trying to get deep into technical Alignment by following the books on the MIRI course list. Following advice from Nate Soares, I'm trying to "Pair Up" with someone to:
- Have a Commitment mechanism to help us follow through the course list
- Quickly address questions/misunderstandings on the materials
- Form a tight feedback loop
Ideally, we're going to go through one book every month (or longer). We'll first decide which books to study, independently go through them, while in the study group we do:
- Twice a day progress check-in (how many pages, number of Anki cards created/reviewed, practice questions solved, etc)
- Ask/answer questions whenever they arise
- Monthly meeting to discuss the materials in depth
Since people may prefer studying different books first, we can form a new group for each book. Also, because people may have different understanding levels / time commitments, it can be a monthly/bi-monthly thing depending on the group.
How to Join
If you're interested, please contact me through the DM. I'd love to get started this week!