Discussion article for the meetup : Sydney Solstice
Map link: https://www.google.com/maps/place/33%C2%B052'05.7%22S+151%C2%B014'06.2%22E/@-33.868255,151.2339687,18z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d-33.868255!4d151.235063?hl=en
Eternal apologies, the event is on today. Advertised on meetup.com https://www.meetup.com/lesswrong-Sydney0/events/235718003/
Managed to accidentally forget to post it on lesswrong.
In celebration of the holiday season in a way that only scientists can do; I proudly present our 3rd annual secular solstice celebrations!
Iit's the silly season so we get to party too. Bring a dish! Something tasty... Try to aim for something inclusive of vegetarian/vegan, at the very least - know what is in your dish for when people ask.
Agenda: (in no particular hurry)
• Eat food; be merry!
• Our year in review (as a local community, as a country, as humanity)
• Talk about goals for the past year, share successes and failures (as individuals)
• Lachlan - how to make resolutions for the new year effectively
• Taryn - songs
• Over the next year: plans for ourselves
• Over the next year: predictions about the state of the future of the world
Bonus mini-game: prepare for the Candles VS wind game, and this time bring a solution with you that you can share with others.
Post the dish you plan to bring so we don't get duplicates...
See you there!
p.s. It's a little early for the solstice; we are planning around a few overseas holidays... The actual solstice is far too close to Christmas so we are hosting early.
If you have trouble - call me on 0438481143