Some context: Kocherga is a rationalist community hub in Moscow.
There was a large crowdfunding campaign for printing the Russian HPMoR edition last year. Kocherga was the main local pickup point in Moscow; we distributed around 5000 copies to 3000 people.
We wanted to promote Kocherga, rationality and EA among these people (most of them just know HPMoR and don't know much about LW/EA), so I designed a new tri-fold leaflet. We handed it out with each set of books.
The reaction to this leaflet was quite positive, so I thought it'd be useful to do an English translation of it and share it here:
- Capital letters in "What's happening in Kocherga" list read "cthulhu fhtagn" in Russian, but I wasn't able to adapt it to English. This might explain why the list looks kinda disorganized.
- The translation is quite crude, it took me an hour and I didn't edit it as much as I could. If the tone feels a bit off, that's probably the reason.
- The labels on the Dunning-Kruger graph are «Competence» on x axis and «Test results» on y axis.
- Here's an photo of the actual leaflet with HPMoR books: https://www.instagram.com/p/BqC7eQfl7T7/
- If you really like the leaflet and would like to adapt it for your local community, let me know and I'll share the InDesign source file with you.
PS: We're still financially troubled, so if you like what we're doing and want to make sure we keep doing it, please consider supporting Kocherga on Patreon.