I have a new podcast called “The Filan Cabinet”. It will be similar to AXRP, except instead of interviewing researchers about their work to study and reduce AI existential risk, I interview whoever I want to talk to about whatever I want to talk about. There are already three episodes you can listen to.
In epsiode 1, Carrick Flynn talks about his campaign to be the Democratic nominee for Oregon’s 6th congressional district. In particular, we talk about his policies on pandemic preparedness and semiconductor manufacturing. He answers questions such as:
- Was he surprised by the election result?
- Should we expect another Carrick campaign?
- What specific things should or could the government fund to limit the spread of pandemics? Why would those work?
- What is working at a semiconductor plant like?
In episode 2, Presbyterian Pastor Wayne Forkner talks about God, Christianity, and the Bible. He answers questions such as:
- What is ‘God’?
- Why do people talk about Jesus so much more than the Father or the Holy Spirit?
- What is heaven actually like?
- If justification is by faith alone and not by works, why does the Bible say “A person is justified by works and not by faith alone”?
- How can people tell that out of all the religions, Christianity is the right one?
In episode 3, cryptocurrency developer Ameen Soleimani talks about his vision of the cryptocurrency ecosystem, as well as his current project RAI: an ether-backed floating-price stablecoin. He answers questions such as:
- What’s the point of cryptocurrency?
- If this is the beginning of the cryptocurrency world, what will the middle be?
- What would the sign be that cryptocurrency is working?
- How does RAI work?
- Does the design of RAI make it impossible for it to be widely used?
- What’s wrong with how the US dollar works?
I hope you check it out - you can search “The Filan Cabinet” wherever you listen to podcasts!
Oops - somehow I forgot to push this post to the AXRP website until now.