Map and Territory is the first book contained in the ebook Rationality: From AI to Zombies, by Eliezer Yudkowsky. It is the edited and expanded version of a series of blog posts in "the Sequences", and discusses the nature of rationality, belief, and explanation.
Map and Territory contains four sequences of essays, which are followed by the stand-alone essay The Simple Truth. These are all collected in the Rationality: From AI to Zombies ebook, but the essay names below are also linked to the original blog posts.
The next book in the series is How to Actually Change Your Mind.
1. What Do I Mean By “Rationality”?
8. Illusion of Transparency: Why No One Understands You
9. Expecting Short Inferential Distances
10. The Lens That Sees Its Own Flaws
11. Making Beliefs Pay Rent (in Anticipated Experiences)
12. A Fable of Science and Politics
13. Belief in Belief
14. Bayesian Judo
16. Religion's Claim to be Non-Disprovable
18. Belief as Attire
19. Applause Light
22. Scientific Evidence, Legal Evidence, Rational Evidence
23. How Much Evidence Does it Take?
25. Occam's Razor
26. Your Strength As A Rationalist
27. Absence of Evidence is Evidence of Absence
28. Conservation of Expected Evidence
29. Hindsight Devalues Science
31. Guessing the Teacher's Password
33. Fake Causality
35. Mysterious Answers to Mysterious Questions
38. Positive Bias: Look Into the Dark
40. My Wild and Reckless Youth
41. Failing to Learn from History
44. "Science" as Curiosity-Stopper