That's right! Tomorrow/Today (Sunday Mar 29th) we're having an online LessWrong meetup in Mozilla Hubs. You're welcome to join and chat with some of the interesting people who read LessWrong, SSC, Overcoming Bias, and so on. I am personally quite excited to talk with a bunch of you. Make sure you read the rules for joining the hub.
At 12 noon PDT we'll be having the Hanson/Mowshowitz "Expose The Youth" Debate, then after that at around 2pm we'll having a post-debate meetup. This an experiment, I'll do it more if it's fun.
- WASD to move
- G to toggle flying
- Click and Drag to look around
- You can hear and be heard by people in proportion to how close you are to them
- Only 25 people can be in a room. Move around and check out the other rooms!
- Login as soon as you arrive and use either your real name or a standard alias like your LessWrong username. I'd like some basic accountability please, and today I will remove people who don't follow this rule.
- Use headphones. Mozilla Hubs does not have any basic feedback reduction tech, all sound will get unenjoyably recursive quite quickly unless everyone uses headphones.
- Being weird is positively fine and I don't think you have a limited budget to spend, you can just be super weird. But if you're too loud and if people are having a bad time because of your presence, a moderator will remove you from the rooms.
I've made a few basic rooms. If you've not visited before or need some help, enter the tutorial room. Here's the first:
Please leave the tutorial room once you've solved your problems, to make space for others.
And here are the hangout rooms.
- Taking Joy in the Merely Real
- Many Worlds Interpretation
- In Favour of Niceness, Community, and Civilization
Extra rooms in case you want them for whatever reason:
For anyone who has trouble with the Mozilla Hubs setup, we also have a backup Discord server that you can join here.