I intend to print at least one high-quality physical HPMOR and release the files. There are printable texts which are being improved and a set of covers (based on e.b.'s) are underway. I have, however, been unable to find any blurbs I'd be remotely happy with.
I'd like to attempt to harness the hivemind to fix that. As a lure, if your ideas contribute significantly to the final version or you assist with other tasks aimed at making this book awesome, I'll put a proportionate number of tickets with your number on into the proverbial hat.
I do not guarantee there will be a winner and I reserve the right to arbitrarily modify this any point. For example, it's possible this leads to a disappointingly small amount of valuable feedback, that some unforeseen problem will sink or indefinitely delay the project, or that I'll expand this and let people earn a small number of tickets by sharing so more people become aware this is a thing quickly.
With that over, let's get to the fun part.
A blurb is needed for each of the three books. Desired characteristics:
* Not too heavy on ingroup signaling or over the top rhetoric.
* Not taking itself awkwardly seriously.
* Amusing / funny / witty.
* Attractive to the same kinds of people the tvtropes page is.
* Showcases HPMOR with fun, engaging, prose.
Try to put yourself in the mind of someone awesome deciding whether to read it while writing, but let your brain generate bad ideas before trimming back.
I expect that for each we'll want
* A shortish and awesome paragraph
* A short sentence tagline
* A quote or two from notable people
* Probably some other text? Get creative.
Please post blurb fragments or full blurbs here, one suggestion per top level comment. You are encouraged to remix each other's ideas, just add a credit line if you use it in a new top level comment. If you know which book your idea is for, please indicate with (B1) (B2) or (B3).
Other things that need doing, if you want to help in another way:
* The author's foreword from the physical copies of the first 17 chapters needs to be located or written up
* At least one links page for the end needs to be written up, possibly a second based on http://www.yudkowsky.net/other/fiction/
* Several changes need to be made to the text files, including merging in the final exam, adding appendices, and making the style of both consistent with the rest of the files. Contact me for current files and details if you want to claim this.
I wish to stay on topic and focused on creating these missing parts rather than going on a sidetrack to debate copyright. If you are an expert who genuinely has vital information about it, please message me or create a separate post about copyright rather than commenting here.