As was commented by Clarity:
Perhaps someone can do a interview to differentiate his mind and rationality from others. For instance, his motivation for different posts or blog posts- or to what extent he consciously optimises his optimisation processes. Gwern, if you feel this is inappropriate and would rather not be put in the spotlight, make your feelings known and I'll won't hassle you further.
Otherwise, for the sake of developing my rationalist skill set and knowledge, I'd like to know more. Elo, would you be so kind as to consider conducting an indepth case study type interview?
I am more than happy to start a small project in interviewing LW'ers of active participation.
With that in mind:
- Who would you like to have interviewed? (can be multiples)
- What would you ask them? (can be multiples)
2a. what would generally be good questions for interviews of lesswrongers?
- What format would you prefer (will survey in the comments)?
Disclosure: I am personally concerned with raising the profile, status and existence of in-person meetups, so I would probably include a few questions about:
- Where are you from?
- Which meetups have you visited?
- What was the most valuable thing you found in a meetup?
- Jung qb lbh qb jvgu lbhe gvzr (gvzr hfr)?
- Jung qb lbh qb sbe n yvivat (va pnfr gurl ner qvssrerag)?
- Jung ner lbh jbexvat ba?
- Jung qb lbh qb sbe sha?
- Jung zrffntr jbhyq lbh funer jvgu YJ?
- Jung qb lbh frr bs gur jbeyq va 10 lrnef?
I am keen to try to set up one interview every week or two. (willing to put in 2 hours of effort each week towards contacting people, planing questions, talking to them, interviewing on record, tidying up the audio, then publishing the interview. Est 15-45min interview)