About a month ago, I started a prize for Cryonics promotional videos published to Youtube during the month of May. There was a fair bit of interest, but nobody actually submitted anything. So the 14.75 bitcoins are thus far unclaimed.
I want to use this money (worth ~$125) to start another contest, but I thought that this time it would be a good idea to solicit some feedback on how best to do so.
- What is the best medium to use?
- It may be that few less wrongers are comfortable with videos
- Other media might be just as effective or more so
- Youtube may not be the best site
- What is the best way of judging?
- Likes on youtube or some other site
- Karma votes here on LW
- A panel of judges
- What is the best timeframe?
- Long, 6-month projects (more money needed?)
- Quick projects 15-30 minutes (less money? specific amounts?)
- Repeating prizes (monthly, weekly, annually, etc.)
- Is regular cash a better prize than bitcoin?
- May vary from person to person
- People already know what cash is worth
- Bitcoin might have novelty value or geek appeal
- Bitcoin is ridiculously easy to transfer without the hassle of fees
- Is cryonics really the best topic?
- Maybe we would get more creative output from other topics
- Other prize funds could be started for other topics
So anyways, I'd love to hear some opinions. I think making the contest more fun will probably get more results, so basically what I want to know is, what would be the most fun?