I just used Uber the first time and the task of entering street addresses is awful.
- There's no autocomplete for street names that allows me to add the street number.
- Berlin is a big city, yet the first hits in the list that was proposed are streets with the same name in other cities.
- The suggestions that Uber gives don't include postal code which are important because multiple streets in Berlin share the same street names
- There seems to be no obvious way to select a street name and then choose on a map where on the street you want to be picked up. After a bit of searching I do find that I can click on the street name for pickup but the touchable area is very small and could be easily expanded into the empty whitespace above. For the destination it still seems like there's no to add more details to the automated street name
- If I write the name of a contact (in my contacts) then I don't get the address shown
How does it come that those companies employ 1000s of software developers yet manage to do badly on the task of providing basic functions to users? What are all those engineers doing?