In a recent thread, SarahC said:
I'd prefer more posts that aim to teach something the author knows a lot about, as opposed to an insight somebody just thought of. Even something less immediately related to rationality -- I'd love, say, posts on science, or how-to posts, at the epistemic standard of LessWrong.
... so here's the place to float ideas around: is there an area you know a lot about? A topic you've been considering writing about? Here's the place to mention it!
From a poll on what people want to see more of, the most votes went to:
- Game Theory
- Direct advice for young people
- General cognitive enhancing tools (such as Adderall and N-Back)
- Information Theory
Some that got less votes:
- Data visualization
- (Defence against the) Dark Arts
- Moral Philosophy (looks like that's being done already)
- Getting along in an irrational world
- Existential risks
- Medicine, Applied Human Biology
... but there are certainly many more things that would be interesting and useful to the community. So what can you teach us?