Here is a quick summary of the changes I just pushed:
- We now have a new editor framework (we moved from ory-editor to draft-js-plugins). The primary reason for this was performance, though we also had a few other problems with the editor. Please let me know in case anything breaks, but overall I expect things to be a lot more stable now.
- With the move to the new framework comes markdown support. So feel free to use markdown in any of the text fields from now, it should be automatically translated into its rich-text equivalent (you can insert block-level images via the Toolbar and inline-images via markdown)
- We significantly decreased our bundle size with this update, though I still have some more cleaning up to do. The editor was the biggest part of the rework that I was blocked on, so wrapping up the performance improvements should now be a lot faster
- We also made some style improvements and navigation improvements to the sequences and collection navigation. Though we are still wrapping up some stuff in that domain, so expect more in the coming days.
Edit: I also made some changes to the font and typography, as you might have noticed. I actually like this font (Garamond Premiere Pro) less, but the other one had rendering issues on Windows machines, so here we are. I will adjust the page piece by piece to work better with the new font, and in general add a bunch more font and typography polish soon.
On that note, I also slightly restructured the frontpage to have a bit of a less chaotic structure and be easier to skim. This cost us some vertical space, but I think is worth the cost in structure and getting rid of that weird card-hover interaction.