Hey folks, Oli just pushed an update to the frontpage, which includes RSS feeds. I'll list the main changes here:
- There are no longer two sections for Featured content and Frontpage posts
- There is just one section, called 'Recent Posts', with some preset filters for you to choose from. These are: Curated, Frontpages, Community, Meta, and Daily.
- Curated is just posts that mods have curated (what we had been calling 'featured')
- Frontpage is all frontpage posts
- Community is all the personal blogs as well as frontpage posts.
- i.e. Curated is a subset of Frontpage is a subset of Community
- If you're logged out, it will automatically show you just the Curated Content, and if you're logged in, it will remember whatever you had on last time you visited the page
- When you're viewing a given filter, you'll see a little icon next to the filter that has the RSS button. If you click on this, you'll get a dialog box that let's you set the karma threshold for posts you want to see
- i.e. you get an RSS link that only sends you posts that hit over karma, where you set
- There are also little icons on posts that distinguish Curated posts, Personal Blogposts, and Meta posts.
Also, posts on the frontpage are just a link to the post. I found users had issues of intending to click on the post and accidentally going to the author page, or voting on it. Now if you click on it anywhere, it just takes you to the post page.
(That's a lie, there's still a comment button on the far right that takes you straight to the comment section, but that's it.)
That's all folks! Best of skill for the new year, and I'll see some of you at the 80k pillow fight tonight.