LessWrong is looking to hire an additional programmer. Ideally, someone with 5+ years experience who is up for a CTO role, or seems like a strong candidate to grow into such a role.
We're looking for someone excited about our longterm vision. Over the next several years, we want to build a platform for intellectual progress across the rationality, EA and x-risk communities. In addition to smoothing out the core LW user experience, we're looking to:
- Theorize about and experiment with new features that can move the state-of-the-art of online discourse forward.
- Help revamp other rationality and EA aligned forums (we've just started a couple projects in this vein)
- More generally, understand and solve problems relating to communication and the intellectual-pipeline in the rationalsphere. (Especially if it looks like they could benefit from technical solutions)
Position will require you commute to Berkeley.
Ping us if you're interested (sending any of us an email is fine)
The LessWrong team is:
- Oliver Habryka (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Raymond Arnold (email@example.com)
- Ben Pace (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Feel free to comment here with any questions about the position or our overall vision.