Thanks to plex for co-authoring the post (co-authors are currently not reflected in EA Forum when crossposted from LessWrong).
The AI safety field has been rapidly growing over the last few years, and more and more communities have been sprouting up all over the world, both physically and online.
The Alignment Ecosystem Development (AED) team identified having a living document listing them all as a low-hanging fruit, and volunteers are maintaining this live database of AI safety communities.
Here’s what you can do now:
- Join communities you’re interested in and participate.
- Link this to your friends.
- Add communities to the document if they’re missing (account creation with coda.io is required)
- Improve the descriptions of any communities which you’re a part of. Many of the current descriptions are incomplete or outdated, jump right in and share your knowledge.
- Volunteer as a maintainer, or join the Alignment Ecosystem Development Discord server, where they host monthly calls to pitch or join shovel ready volunteering opportunities.