This post describes "Faerie rings", a copiable form of community that forms a building block for capturing the upsides: learning from each other, deeper relationships, and support to solve problems that are beyond one's abilities. I believe it counts as a nascent prototype for an Iterated Trust Kickstarter.
I copied most of this description outright from @mixmix on the scuttlebutt platform. Citation details:
- A group of up to 8 people
- A call once every 2 weeks, for 2-3 months. The schelling days for this are Full Moon and New Moon.
Everyone has a turn checking in
- how are you
- how is it going
There's a host (who changes)
- They open & close the circle
- They make sure everyone gets to speak
The rest of the format grows to fit the group. It might include things like
- a focus question
- asks / offers
- do you have something you’d like to get help with / to offer ?
(I have some ideas of my own, but this post is for getting the main concept across.)
Every 4th meeting, one person from a faerie ring temporarily swaps with a person from another ring. This encourages networks to graft together in microsolidarity and cross-pollinate good format ideas.
Check out this doc for coordinating a ring.