For each topic, I’ve curated a few links that I’ve found to be pretty high quality.
- Meta:(Epiphany Addiction, Reversing Advice, Excellence Porn)
- Success People: (Mastery),(ChoosingTopics: Osci,PG)
- Thinking: (Ikigai, Stoicism, Rationality)
- HabitChange: (!ShootDog)
- Productivity.Principles/Energy/Relaxation:(FullEngagement, ArtOfLearning)
- Productivity.Systems/Hacks: (Autofocus, GTD/ZTD, EatFrog),(Scott Young)
Full List: https://workflowy.com/s/zUTEaY0ZcJ
I'd like feedback on:
- What other categories/links would you include (I'm sure there's lots of interesting stuff I'm missing.)? What do you think of the categorization ("Thinking" is a pretty large category.)?
- Whether you think I should make cross-posts about sub-topics here. The main benefit of making more cross posts is that the discussion/comments would be more focused on those topics. In particular, I think that looking at SuccessfulPeople.Startups, SuccessfulPeople.Science, and the Meditation document are the most original parts of this post.
- SuccessfulPeople.Startups contains a categorization of some of Paul Graham's essays (e.g. Having ideas, fund-raising, executing, etc).
- The SuccessfulPeople.Science link contains a separate categorization of advice specifically for scientists (e.g. Picking ideas, the importance of being persistent, the importance of reading widely, etc).
- The meditation document lists a few high quality meditation resources that I've found (and I've read ~10 books on meditation. Most of it is crap. Some of the stuff I list is orders of magnitude better than the median meditation book I've read.).
- Whatever seems salient to you.