The Singularity Institute is looking to hire someone familiar with decision theory to help finish Luke's Decision Theory FAQ (with the possibility of working on other projects afterwards). The first task of this individual will be to expand on section 11 by explaining each of the Newcomblike problems and showing how EDT, CDT, CDT+, and TDT perform on each of them.
Pay will be hourly and starts at $15/hr, but will increase if you produce a good product. You must be able to commit an average of 20+hrs/wk.
Those applying for the position should be generally familliar with most of the following:
- Axiomatic decision theory (VNM, Savage)
- EDT, CDT, CDT + causal graphs (CDT+), and TDT
- Newcomb's problem, medical Newcomb's problem, Parfit's hitchhiker, etc.
- Work flexible hours: Complete your work in few large chunks or many small ones—at 03:00 or 18:00—it's up to you.
- Work from wherever you please: your home (maybe even in bed), your local coffee shop, a row boat in the middle of a lake, whatever.
- Age and credentials are irrelevant; only product matters.
- Make money while contributing to the Singularity Institute.
If you are interested in the position, apply here!