Looking thru the Repository Repository I can't find a nice category for a lot of real life or self help advice that has been posted here over time. Sure some belongs to the Boring Advice Repository but the following you surely wouldn't expect there:
Lets start with lukeprog's all-time favorite
- How to Be Happy
- What I Tell You Three Times Is True
- Rational Romantic Relationships: Relationship Styles and Attraction Basics
- Lifestyle interventions to increase longevity
- Optimal Exercise
- A Map of Currently Available Life Extension Methods
- How do I become a more interesting person?
What other real life advice would you like to see here?
There are also very good posts that might be relevant to a rationalists life but could also go into some Rationality Advice Repository - but then all of LW falls kind of into that category. Some examples:
- AnnaSalamon's Checklist of Rationality Habits
- Val's Proper posture for mental arts
- Rationalist Judo, or Using the Availability Heuristic to Win
I see that I'm unable to draw a clear line on what falls into this category and thus suggest that specific rationality advice of 'this kind' be left out.