Feel free to modify the prompt into something like "why was 2021 even worse/more intense than 2020". Also go ahead and substitute 2022, if you think "the direct effects of the pandemic continue into 2021 for a while" is too boring of an answer.
- Both vague and specific answers are welcome.
- If you answer a modified version of the question, please state this clearly. Don't leave people to infer it from your answer.
- If you just want to defend the thesis that 2021 will in fact be a return to normalcy...then this is not the post for you.
- Address the prompt, try to give more than 140 characters, don't be annoying, etc. (This is sort a generalization of #3)
- Various comments on social media about how 2020 was a dumpster fire--with the apparent implication that 2021 will be normal-ish.
- Misremembering this tweet in which EY says, "I'm predicting that 2019 will be a relatively normal and boring year."
- The New Year's Wariness that was burned into my mind by this comic: