The year 2020 has taken much of ordinary life from us, but if there's one thing we won't surrender without a fight, it's the goddamn, raging, off the rails, New Year's Eve Party we deserve.
In collaboration with Effective Altruism Anywhere, LessWrong is hosting a 16-hour, globe-spanning (Europe & Americas) party in our Walled Garden. Join us to toast the year to come, roast the year that was, and enjoy the sweet company of others we won't be denied.
EUROPE PHASE: 9PM-4AM CET / 3PM-10PM EST
AMERICAS PHASE: 4AM-12PM CEST / 10PM-6AM EST
This shindig got:
- The massive LW GatherTown world, "The Walled Garden". All the locations you know and love (Planetarium, West Falls, Moloch Temple, Hell,...), plus several new custom maps just for the party.
- Countdowns for the British Time, Central European Time, and US East and West Coasts.
- "Unconference-style" Calendar of activities across the realm (feel free to add your own): take your pick of dancing, quiet reflection, poker, Set, toasts and roasts, Philosophers vs GPT3, social deception games, and of course conversation that money can't buy – we'll share the spreadsheet shortly.
- BYOB. We can't supply your drinks or feed, but to make life easy we'll send you a shopping list.
- DJ Bias will keep the dance floor pumpin' all night.