I messed up the game engine. I gave bots their own move in the
previous parameter instead of their opponent's move.
This is the primary factor behind the CloneBots diverging from each other. The bug caused CloneBot pairings to score 200-300 instead of 250-250.
I'm going to restart the tournament.
The original tournament, created by a blind idiot me, was exciting. It resembled real world population dynamics. I wrote an 8-part series with 11,277 words and 24 graphs.
Alas, the actual contest is between intelligent agents.
This will be fast.
Edit: Everything below this line is in error too. Click here for the real, real game.
|Silly 0 Bot||NPCs||Always returns
The next installment of this series will be posted on October 30, 2020 at 5 pm Pacific Time.
Edit 2020-10-29: I'm sick. Next installment may be delayed.
Edit 2020-11-05: Since this is taking so long I feel I owe you guys an explanation. I have not forgotten about the tournament. Over the last couple of weeks, several correlated problems in meatspace triggered a cascading failure in my real life affairs. All the problems are temporary but I am temporarily unable to write bug-free software. (I actually did write a post for October 30 but it had multiple errors in it.) I would be surprised if it took more than a month to resolve everything but can make no guarantees. I plan to continue the tournament as soon as I can write bug-free software. I apologize for the delays.
Edit: 2020-11-10: I found some more bugs in the code and will have to restart things again.