LessWrong seems to have two main topics for discussion; rationality and AI. This, of course, is caused by Eliezer Yudkowsky's sequences (and interests), which are mostly about rationality, but also include a lot of writing about AI. LessWrong currently has two sections, Main and Discussion. This is meant to separate the purpose and quality of the post. I think usability of the site has improved greatly since adding the Discussion section. Should split the discussion section, and have one for rationality and one for AI?
- It would make LW more pleasant for rationality enthusiasts who don't want to sort through lots of AI discussions.
- It would make LW more pleasant for AI enthusiasts who don't want to sort through lots of rationality discussions.
- It would not split up the community as much as a new AI community site would.
- It would increase LW's capacity for discussion.
- Newcomers could learn about rationality, while people who want higher quality of discussion on AI topics could have it.
- Many posts about both subjects are highly relevant about both subjects
- It would make LW less pleasant for enthusiasts of both subjects.
- It would split up the community more than doing nothing.
- Everybody has their ideas for separate sections, and we can't do them all.